Review the 2010 NAEYC Initial & Advanced Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation Programs. Use your required web link for the current standards. The links are located in the “Required Resources” section of the Week 2 tab. Please review the current standards for professional preparation if you have not yet been working in care or education settings with young children:
- NAEYC. (2010). 2010 Standards for initial early childhood professional preparation. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/ncate/files/ncate/Initial_2pager.pdf
Choose one of the individual standards that you would like to explore in order to boost your knowledge or skills in your current or future practice and would allow you to become a better advocate for young children and their families.
THE STANDARD OF CHOSE
STANDARD 4. USING DEVELOPMENTALLY EFFECTIVE APPROACHES
Candidates prepared in early childhood degree programs understand that teaching and learning with young children is a complex enterprise, and its details vary depending on children’s ages, characteristics, and the settings within which teaching and learning occur. They understand and use positive relationships and supportive interactions as the foundation for their work with young children and families. Candidates know, understand, and use a wide array of developmentally appropriate approaches, instructional strategies, and tools to connect with children and families and positively influence each child’s development and learning.
Key elements of Standard 4
4a: Understanding positive relationships and supportive interactions as the foundation of their work with young children
4b: Knowing and understanding effective strategies and tools for early education, including appropriate uses of technology
4c: Using a broad repertoire of developmentally appropriate teaching /learning approaches
4d: Reflecting on own practice to promote positive outcomes for each child
Use the Initial Standards if you have less than 7 years of experience in an early childhood setting. Choose the Advanced Standards if you have more than 7 years of experience in an early childhood setting.
Create a two- to three-page paper (not including title and reference pages) that includes the following sections. Each section should be a separate paragraph.
- Section ONE: Provide A Summary of Your Chosen Standard and Justify Why You Chose It. Summarize the Standard in your own words, then justify why you think that knowing more about this standard will (a) help you in your professional or personal life in general and (b) help you to become a better advocate. Be sure to give at least three specific examples.
- Section TWO: Create A List of Five Questions With Corresponding Rationales. Create a list of five questions to ask an early childhood professional about aspects of the standard. For each question, describe your rationale for asking it. Create one question designed to enhance your ability to advocate on behalf of children and their families in this particular area. Create the other four questions to enhance your knowledge of both the standard AND your personal and/or professional goals.
- Section THREE: Provide Contact Information with an Explanation for the Request. First, provide the contact information for an early childhood professional in your own community who is willing to provide email responses to your questions. Then, provide the “blurb” or explanation describing the purpose of the assignment that you will use when you ask him/her if he/she would be willing to answer your questions.
If you do not have access to an early childhood professional, please contact me right away. I will do what I can to help you.
Be sure to include an introductory paragraph describing the purpose of the paper AND a conclusion summarizing the paper and your next steps. This means your paper will be at least five paragraphs.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. In addition to the course text, utilize at least one scholarly source to support your points.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS